One of the three basic exercises of any powerlifter is sure to be traction. In the case of sporting progress – deadlift, to increase the total mass – the thrust of the t-griffin is used. Both of these exercises mimic classic yard pull-ups on strength.
Differences in traction and pull-ups
Why, professional athletes use traction – everything is very simple. Classic pull-up, has a restriction on its own weight. While the traction of the T-neck, allows you to lift weights up to 300 kilograms. If you use larger weights (own weight + 150-200 kilograms), then this imposes certain limitations.
First, it is technically difficult to implement the approach to the projectile. Secondly, such weights are greatly stretched and can damage even the strongest spine. But if you look at the situation outside of powerlifting, then classical pull-ups on strength have much more advantages in comparison with weight rods:
- A more natural trajectory of motion;
- Significantly less injuries in the absence of serious burdens;
- The ability to independently adjust the load;
- Reducing the likelihood of “re-shaken”;
- More muscle groups involved in the work.
The turnstile is the exposure of myths
At the same time around this exercise, formed a number of contradictory myths. All of them are connected first of all with the fashionable culture Workout, which in the open spaces of the CIS, has acquired very specific forms. As a result, “turnstiles” and “pitching” do not accept each other’s point of view. The first, deny the use of iron, considering it ineffective. The second deny the benefit of a simple exercise, at all, excluding it from the programs. The most popular myths and their denials.
- With the help of pull-ups it is impossible to build up a serious muscle mass. This exercise, like any other in athletics, requires constant progression of loads. To increase not only endurance, but also mass, it is necessary to progress not only in the number of approaches, but also in the total weight load.
- Pulling up – develop sharpness and explosive power. The truth is kind of. With the right training complex, this, like any other exercise, you can develop speed-strength qualities.
- Lifting develops a relief. Not true. Pulling, like any other basic multi-joint exercise, can not affect the relief of muscles. For this is responsible only for proper nutrition.
- Depending on the type of grip, the lower back / thorax is being worked on, and the muscles work from a different angle. The load when changing the width of the grip varies within 1-5%, while the wide grip reduces the amplitude, which negatively affects the overall load. Therefore, there are only two variations, both working on a full range of muscle groups. Direct and reverse. In the first case, you need to strictly follow the technique to exclude biceps flexors from work. In the second, the emphasis is on the flexors.
How to train properly?
Before you start to engage in pull-ups – you need to clearly plan for future training. To do this, you need to understand a few basic principles that will significantly increase the effectiveness of pull-ups on strength and weight.
Principle one – additional exercises. Pulling up is the basic multi-joint exercise, in which the largest muscles are the back muscles. But you can rest on a power plateau, if the rest of the muscle groups start to lag behind. And they will begin, in the absence of additional isolating loads.
Therefore, to pull-ups, you can add the bending of the hands standing (dumbbell / weight / rod), shrags – to increase the power of the trapezoid. And most importantly – exercises for diamond-shaped – implying any front traction.
The second principle is the progression of loads. Like any other exercise, pulling on the strength can not be done without increasing the weight. At the initial stage of training, it is sufficient to increase the number of approaches and repetitions. In the future, it will be necessary to constantly increase the total weight load. Otherwise, instead of strength, the power endurance will increase, and white fibers that neither add weight nor force will train.
The third principle is rest. The training program for pull-ups can be formed in two ways. The first is daily hard training, which, most likely, will lead to very modest results. The second is classic bodybuilding schemes, with a day, or even two days of rest between training sessions.
Only by observing these three principles, and also using the right technique can you achieve impressive results and a really wide massive back.
The technique of exercise is extremely simple. At the same time she has a few nuances.
- Before approaching the projectile, you need to choose the most suitable for growth bar. When you hang on it, you do not need to touch the floor with your socks.
- Next, you need to hang on the projectile, and keeping the direct condition of the body (legs flat, not podzhatye) evenly, without jerking to pull up your body. In this case, you do not need to pull by hands (since in this case the load is strongly shifted to a small muscle – the biceps), and by elbows – using as much as possible the latissimus and rhomboid muscles of the back.
- When the exercise is slow, it is not necessary to fully extend the arms when lowering, as when lifting back, it will be necessary to fight the phase of 30 degrees, when the bulk of the load does not lie on the muscles, but on the ligaments that prevent the lifting of its own weight. In the case of explosive training, this rule can be neglected.
Some variations of pull-ups on force, are somewhat different in the general performance of the technique, for example, tightening with a narrow grip have their own characteristics.
With the development of pulling force, a wide grip is often used, which allows to remove the load from the flexors of the hand as much as possible. However, for proper implementation, it is necessary to adhere to more rigorous techniques.
- Hands are 2 palms wider than shoulders.
- Thrust is done exclusively by elbows. In the case of the use of hands, significantly increases the risk of injury, and reduced efficiency.
- Lifting takes place before the chest touches the crossbar.
- The body descends until it is completely unbent at the elbow joint.
Pulling up parallel
Pulling on parallel bars is considered to be the simplest and least traumatic. At the same time, their effectiveness is no less than a broad grip. Simplicity is due to the natural position of the hands, which provides a more natural trajectory.
- Hold the body smoothly, slightly bending it backwards at the highest point of traffic. This allows you to connect a large round and diamond-shaped muscles, by blading the blades.
- Rise to the touch of the breast projectile.
The pull-ups were never greeted at school, as they were considered cheating. And this is true, because a significant part of the load is eaten by the bicep. But you need to be extremely cautious. Since in case of improper technique, the biceps will cease to grow at all, having got the syndrome of “stubborn muscle”, as it often happens with the calves in athletes with an incorrect squat.
Technique of execution:
- Hands to draw palms to themselves, using a complete lock (grip view);
- In the lower phase of the movement, pull yourself with your hands;
- In the upper phase of the movement switch to traction elbows;
- Lower, not leading to the full extension of the elbow joint.
Strength Strengthening Program
Special programs and recommendations regarding progression can not be, because each has its own level of anabolism, the initial weight, and the preparation of the accompanying muscles. But the most approximate, giving results, are considered pull-ups on the horizontal bar in the program for strength and endurance lasting 34 weeks.
With an increase in exclusively power characteristics, the athlete should be interested in the first 5 weeks.
Note: If it is not possible to fulfill the program’s goals, it is recommended to divide the numbers by 2, and after 5 weeks, try to start again.
We continue to progress with weights
Why 5 weeks? Because it is in the range of 5 to 7 repetitions, the body can successfully increase the development of pulling forces. According to the majority of powerlifters, the maximum force develops exclusively when working in the range of 3 to 6 repetitions. But how to progress with such a small amount? To do this, you need a backpack, or a power belt. In the case of street training, the first option is preferable, for the hall due to better balancing the ideal solution will be the second one. How to optimally choose the weight? It all depends on how much you, as an athlete, hurry to get your form.
Slow progress is an increase in the total weight of 1.5 kilograms every 5 weeks. In this case, the body can work on the principle (step back-two steps forward), which will significantly reduce the probability of a power plateau. Due to the fact that every 5 weeks, the load will decrease (in view of reducing the number of repetitions), the first week will seem easier than the 5th, the previous circle. With such a meager increase, after a year – the total weight can reach 15-18 kilograms, and this result can not be achieved by all athletes in the first year of occupational athleticism.
Fast progress. In this case, everything is a bit simpler – after the 5th week in the program, another 2 weeks are made with the progression of the load without weight (for example, 12-10-9-8-7), after which in a new circle, with which the necessary number of repetitions will be hardly possible (i.e., butt), it can be about 3-5 kilograms. On the one hand, the growth of power indicators will increase significantly. But:
- There will be a risk of overtraining;
- A force plateau may appear, which will have to be overcome either by ancillary exercises or by a decrease in weight;
- Dangerously, the load on the joints and the unprepared spine will increase.
At the same time, the overall progress for the year can make up the same 18-23 kg, with rapid progress in the first months, and much more slowly in the latter. Remember that pulling up strength and endurance – it’s completely different programs that require a fundamentally different approach in work and technique.