Everyone who wants to pump up a huge and strong back, must understand that it is impossible to manage with one’s thrusts. After all, despite the fact that these are basic exercises, often, neither the stanovaya, nor the pull in the slope do not load the trapezius muscles.
Let’s consider, and what exercises on a trapezius muscles will approach the athlete. Of course, the first to come to mind are the shags, and a very specific pull of the bar to the chin. But this is not the only complex exercise. So, how to pump the top of the back, and why do it at all?
Trapezius muscles, unlike the broadest and diamond-shaped muscles, are a large complex that leads the upper part of the spine back to normal. The complex can be divided into 3 main groups:
- Upper – actually it’s about it, when appropriate exercises for trapezius muscles are assigned. Responsible for lifting the shoulders and keeping them in a normal state;
- The average beam is under the diamond. Easy to use with the help of a police station. Responsible for the “thickness of the back”, and bringing the blades back.
- Bottom bundle – responsible for bringing the blades closer to the spine. Usually functions simultaneously with the top. But for pumping, you need separate sets of exercises.
And what does it mean? Yes, everything is simple – to properly develop a trapezoidal group, you need more than one exercise, and as many as three. A similar situation can be observed, for example, with pectoral muscles, or to a lesser extent with triceps.
Why are they needed?
Quite an up-to-date question for most athletes. If about bodybuilders, the answer becomes obvious – “aesthetics”, then why trapeze swing, people who believe that the stanovaya and the upper traction give sufficient load on the entire back.
- First, to carry the girl on hands. Yes, yes, however it may seem funny, even with very strong hands, it’s simply impossible to raise a girl beautifully to carry it “to the altar”. It will hang below the level of the press, which will not look very aesthetic.
- Secondly, to carry packages from department stores. A long time engaged in the hall? Work diligently and have already gained a couple of kilograms of mass, and how many packages with food can carry? And it’s not about the distance from the store to the trunk, and from the store home. To carry large loads does not cause stress, especially with prolonged static impact, you need to work on the trapezium.
- Third, the appearance. A person who strenuously trains in a hall (on horizontal bars with bars, crossfit, etc.) can get a huge imbalance, between the thoracic and dorsal muscles. Outwardly it does not look very nice, it seems that the person is constantly stooped back and lowly lowered shoulders. This picture was seen by many in the halls, but if you look carefully at professionals in athleticism, then none of them have their shoulders down. And all because they are held by a trapeze.
Well, and finally – the quality, and the position of the spine. As you know, to get rid of the effects of stooping, and even support your back in a level position, you need to train your spinal muscles. Sometimes the dorsal corset allows even to deal with more serious injuries, due to the created pressure. So, if you are engaged exclusively in the lower, without paying enough attention to trapezoids, there is a great risk of getting a lordosis of the upper back, and associated diseases.
Effective exercises on the trapezium, in the first place, have a positive effect on health. The first warning is connected with this. If a person has severe spine diseases (kyphosis, scoliosis, lordosis of the 1st degree), then it is strictly forbidden to engage in shags and thrusts. Preliminary it is necessary to consult with the doctor in order to avoid trauma and aggravation of the situation. Therefore, for a long time it will be necessary to do only pull-ups and visas. Then, when the corset is already formed, you will need to undergo another examination and indicate which weights are safe for the spine.
The second warning, for those who decided to do in the hall, is to limit the progression of the loads. Trapezios are arranged in such a way that they progress in the scales much faster than any other exercise how to run correctly. With this may be associated with a reverse imbalance, when strong trapezoids will raise their shoulders high, in turn this also harms the spine.
Well, the third warning for training with the trapezius muscle is the presence of a torn waist (no matter, a micro-dislocation, or simply overtracked with hyperextension), in this case it is necessary to always be insured by using a weightlifting belt
It is not recommended to carry the barbell rod to the chin to people who do not fully master the technique or have problems in the shoulder joints, since some of the load falls on the deltas, and at a very risky angle, which can lead to additional traumatism.
How to train the upper and lower beam?
Training of the upper beam of the trapezius muscle is done by simply shrugging the shoulders. And, therefore, for this purpose the “shraga” exercise and its variations are ideal. These are the simplest isolating complexes, which perfectly share the load along the entire trapezoidal, with a greater emphasis on the upper beam.
To train the bottom of the trapezium, you can use the base multiunion complexes, which involve the whole back, or use the backslides between the surfaces (bars, stools, etc.)
Exercises for the hall
As already mentioned, exercises on the trapezium in the gym are more effective than in the home. All this happens at the expense of the possibility of implementing special movements, which are practically impossible to repeat in the conditions of everyday life.
The top exercises in the trapeze hall include:
- Shagi with dumbbells. Large weights;
- Shrugi with a bar in front of him;
- Shrings with a bar behind their backs;
- Thrust of the T-neck ;
- Back thrusters on uneven bars;
- Thrust rod to the chin;
- Walk the farmer.
As you can see from the list of exercises, most of them can be repeated at home, due to previously described techniques and tweaks, but the global difference lies in the possibility of using really large weights.
Let us consider in more detail the technique and anatomy of exercises.
The technique of shrugs with dumbbells
Exercises for a trapeze with dumbbells are always shags. Their technique is almost identical to the scars, which will be considered for home use with a slight correction for the fact that the dumbbell, unlike the package, has slightly changed the center of gravity.
Therefore, the technique is different:
- Take the projectile from the counter.
- Hands to lower along the body, slightly withdrawing them so as not to ride with handles, and do not relieve the load on the rest of the muscles.
- The head looks straight (you can not tilt it down).
- Raise the projectile with the movement of the shoulders (similar to the movement when you pretend that you do not know anything).
- Hold at the top for 1-2 seconds.
- Smoothly lower it.
The recommended load is 80% of the maximum possible weight, use 5 approaches 5 times (lift scheme). Do not be afraid, trapezium is very strong muscles (you can safely take dumbbells from 20 kg and above).
Shrugs with a barbell
Shrug with barbell differ little in technique from a similar exercise with dumbbells for trapezium and back. There are two variations:
Front, develop only upper trapezoidal. The rear shags are aimed at the development of the lower fascicle. Consider the technique.
- Take the projectile in different ways.
- For the front shrouds, slightly bend the bar from the body forward.
- Pull your shoulders up.
- Hold at the point of maximum load for 1-2 seconds.
- Lower the projectile.
The main thing is not to tilt your head, and not to make circular motions. For the development of wrists, you can take a direct grip. And most importantly, unlike dumbbells, when working with a bar, partner insurance is required, which can remove the projectile.
The only basic exercise for the trapezius muscles. Among other things, it will involve:
- the broadest;
- lumbar (weight lifting is recommended);
- muscles of the press and bark;
- the rear delta.
The technique is similar to the traction technique in slope:
- Take the shell with a neutral grip.
- Perform a deflection in the back.
- Fall about 30 degrees from the vertical position.
- Pull without using the elbow joint.
- Linger at the top of the traffic for 1-2 seconds.
Back skirts on uneven bars
Similar to the home version. Pay special attention to the position of the hull, since burdening displaces the center of gravity. Do not lean forward, as in this case, the load will eat the rear deltas.
Swinging in the slope
Another isolation exercise for the target group. Among other things, it uses the rear beams of deltas. The technique is simple:
- Take dumbbells (small weight).
- Lean with keeping the trough in the back. The slope should be strong – about 60 degrees.
- With a sharp movement, raise the dumbbells to the sides.
When working, it is necessary to maintain a slight fold in the elbow joint, in order to reduce the trauma of the exercise.
Thrust rod to chin
The last, but from this no less effective, exercise in the list. Unlike all the others, it studies all three bundles of trapezius muscles, involves the upper deltas, studies the collar muscles of the chest, and even gives some of the load on the biceps and forearms.
It differs by strict technique, and increased traumatic danger!
How to perform?
- Remove the projectile from the rack (by no means from the floor).
- Carry out the deflection, as in the final stage of the movement.
- Slowly (without jerking) raise to the level of the chin.
Important points to look out for:
- The elbows should be slightly apart, so that the front deltas do not eat up the load.
- Hvat should be on the palm of the wider middle. A narrow grip will force the shoulders to move forward.
- The weight of the bar should allow the draft to be carried out without cheating.
- Do not let down your shoulders in the lower phase of the movement.
- Movement occurs in the plane of the body, with the disconnection of the elbow joints.
- At the top point, the elbows should make a 90-degree angle with the neck (maximum ascent and dilution).
- To lower and raise it is necessary at a slow, technical pace.
The technique is rather complicated, therefore it is recommended to start such a thrust only after full mastering:
- pulling the belt in the slope;
- of the barbells behind your back.
Like any other exercise, it is necessary to perform with preliminary fatigue by basic, multi-articular complexes.
Exercises for home
After all the “pros and cons” have been weighed, it is worth moving on to the most relevant – to the best exercises for the trapezius muscles. First you need to see what can be done at home. And to do, in fact, you can do a lot, in particular:
- shags with packages;
- pulling the maximum possible grip;
- backs on the stools.
That’s all. Modestly? Perhaps, but these exercises on the trapezius muscles at home will help to pump the muscle well without visiting the halls.
Technology of domestic shrags
Before describing the technique, you need to pick up suitable shells. To long do not be tricky – and make the exercise as cheap as possible from the point of view of projectiles, you will need water bottles, and strong packages.
In one eggplant 5 liters of water. To begin with, you need 4 eggplant, and 2 bags, each of which can withstand the eggplant.
The eggplant can be replaced with buckets, or packages with books, but in this case there is a great chance of obtaining a weight imbalance, which will lead to disproportion and problems with the spine. Therefore, in the absence of accurate scales, water is the only way out.
After the projectile is built, you can start the exercise. You need to take the working weight in each hand (for starters you can manage 5 kilograms, then boldly move to 10 kilograms). Consider the execution of the exercise on the trapezius muscles on the horizontal bar.
- Stand up with projectiles smoothly, without sagging.
- Pull up your shoulders. It is important to pull at the elbow joint, without bending arms.
- Keep your head straight in front of you.
- Do not rotate in the shoulder joint.
- Hold at the top for 2-3 seconds.
- Lower the projectile.
In view of the extremely low weight, (the load-carrying capacity of trapezes of an untrained person is about 32 kilograms), you can perform the exercise in 5 * 20 mode. This exercise, perfectly works out the “eternally lagging” top, and even with such small scales it is possible to achieve very tangible progress.
Technique of pull-ups
Unfortunately, without pulling up and the crossbar can not do. Of course, you can compensate for the middle, due to the use of reverse shags, but the overall backlog will remain. The technique of correct pull-ups with a greater emphasis on the trapezius muscles:
- The width of the grip is determined as widely as possible (ideally, a projectile with bent handles). On average, 2 palms are wider than shoulders on each side.
- Hang on the crossbar, keeping a flat angle of the back without sagging.
- Reach at a slow pace, and touch the bottom of the chest crossbar.
Apparently, the technique of pull-ups with an emphasis on the trapezius muscles slightly differs from the classical wide pull-ups. Her efficiency is relatively low.
Technique of return shrags
The next exercise on the bottom of the trapezius muscles is best done on the uneven bars, but in their absence it is possible to create conditions for progress. This is the reverse thrust between the surfaces – the best exercise on the lower trapezoid. How to prepare a shell?
This will require two high chairs, or a table – a height of at least 50-60 centimeters. They need to be arranged parallel to each other, at a distance such that the body fits between them, and hands that are 15-20 degrees apart. After the shells are fixed you can start the exercise to pump the trapezius muscles:
- Hang between the shells. If their height is insufficient, bend the legs in the lap, so that they do not touch the floor.
- Slowly lower your shoulders, without bending your arms in your elbows.
- To rise as high as possible, without the use of elbow joints.
- Fix at the top for 3-5 seconds.
Due to its own weight, the load during the exercise on the back and the trapeze will increase several times. Therefore, for starters, it will be sufficient to perform 3 * 10, with a gradual increase in load.
Unfortunately, all the above exercises are suitable only for beginners, or for people who have a strong back. For serious pumping of the trapezium and shoulders, exercises with serious weights are needed. Therefore, nothing remains, except how, for a month, after enjoying running to the hall.
All exercises on the upper trapezium, most often performed as part of the work in split, but this is not the only method of pumping the top of the back. There are many effective programs, which include exercises for the trapezoid.
|Variations of the circular||Warm up cardio – 15-20 minutes.Static pyramid -3 * 7 + warm-up
Traction in slope 3 * 7 + warm-up
Shaggy with dumbbells 3 * 12
Press of dumbbells lying 3 * 12
Lines of lying down – 3 * 12
The squatting 3 * 10
|The entire body is trained for one workout.|
|The second day of a two-day split||Exercises on the upper shoulder zone given by the program.Thrust rod with T-neck 5 * 5
Stanovaya 5 * 5
Back skirts on uneven bars with a weight of 3 * 12
Shrugs 5 * 20 with a light weight
|Examination of all major muscles|
|The third day of the three-day split||Exercises on the legs set by the program.Mahi dumbbells standing 3 * 10
Mahi dumbbells forward 3 * 10
Mahi dumbbells in the slope of 3 * 10
Thrust rod to chin 4 * 12
Shragi (any variation) 3 * 12
|Working the legs, shoulders and trapezoids|
|Home||Shags with packages 5 * 50Pulling the maximum wide grip 3 * 12
Back skirts on stools 5 * 20
|A program for training at home, without shells.|
|CrossFit||Push-ups 5 * 20Squatting 5 * 20
Burpi 15-20 times
Pulling up a normal grip 5 * 10
Pulling up a wide grip 3 * 12
Back skirts on uneven bars 5 * 20
|An example of how training trapezoids can be included in the training complex is cross-athletes.|
Note: all figures in the approaches are optional, and are given as an example of typical programs assigned by instructors.
For those who want to accustom their child to the sport, it must be remembered that exercises for the trapeze for children are only pull-ups. Up to 14 years, in view of the increased flexibility of the spine, it is not recommended to do anything, which can lead to its curvature. Therefore, young juniors always use their own weight, be it pull-ups, push-ups, jogging and squats.
Well, for everyone else, remember – that none of the basic exercises does not work out enough trapezius muscles, the exception is a farmer’s walk. But in view of its features, it is very difficult to design productive training for non-professionals. Therefore, remembering this fact, put insulating thrusts and thrusts closer to the end of the workout, after all the other muscles got fatigued. Only in this case, it will be possible to work out the trapezius muscles as effectively as possible.
Well, and at last. If during the shags you take the weights that you need to hold the straps, this is an occasion to ponder. Why take dumbbells and train muscles to hold them, if you can not hold them? Perhaps, it is worth paying attention to the wrist rest complex, and the load on the trapezius muscles is carried out due to high-volume training, with a reduction in working weight.